Bhubaneswar:
A contestant who participated unsuccessfully in a Miss Universe India Pageant in Mumbai last month, on Thursday moved the State Commission for Women (SCW) alleging bias in the selection.
"I have accepted Ipsita's complaint. I will take up the matter with the National Commission for Women and Maharastra Commission for Women," Orissa's SCW chairperson Jyoti Panigrahi told newsmen.
The contestant, 19-year-old Ipsita Pati, lodged a written complaint with the SCW.
Pati, who was Miss South India 2008, had lodged a complaint with the Mahila Police Station against the organisers of the pageant on Wednesday.
The complaint was referred to the Maharastra Police for investigation, Mahila Police Station Inspector Iti Dash said.
In her complaint to the police, she had alleged the top five winners were selected in a partisan manner and she was dropped because she had raised objections.
"I have accepted Ipsita's complaint. I will take up the matter with the National Commission for Women and Maharastra Commission for Women," Orissa's SCW chairperson Jyoti Panigrahi told newsmen.
The contestant, 19-year-old Ipsita Pati, lodged a written complaint with the SCW.
Pati, who was Miss South India 2008, had lodged a complaint with the Mahila Police Station against the organisers of the pageant on Wednesday.
The complaint was referred to the Maharastra Police for investigation, Mahila Police Station Inspector Iti Dash said.
In her complaint to the police, she had alleged the top five winners were selected in a partisan manner and she was dropped because she had raised objections.
Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world