Advertisement
This Article is From Nov 16, 2010

Delhi building collapse: Owner booked

New Delhi: Police have registered a case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder against the owner of an east Delhi building which collapsed killing over 60 people.

A senior police official said the case has been registered against Amrit Singh, a businessman, under section 304 of Indian Penal Code.

Singh fled along with his family soon after the building which had been rented out to migrant labourers collapsed at Lalita Park in east Delhi's Laxmi Nagar.

The 15-year-old building, where an illegal additional floor was being constructed, came crashing down around 8.15 PM yesterday.

"Singh is absconding and we are searching for him," the police officials said.

Meanwhile, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has promised "exemplary punishment for the guilty." (Watch)

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world

Follow us: