New Delhi:
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the city police commissioner to provide security to a blind man and his minor daughter against the alleged threat of dire consequences to them by the man's former wife.
A vacation bench of Justice V K Jain ordered the city police chief to give security to the man and his 14-year-old daughter and also asked the police to file a status report in the matter by July 23.
The bench also issued notice to the ex-wife and her father to respond to the man's plea, which alleged that his former spouse was threatening them since last month when he had brought his daughter back to his custody.
Delhi resident Syed Mohammed, in his petition, said he had got married to the woman in 1997 and had a daughter in 1998.
He said just after the birth of their daughter, the couple had separated by a decree of divorce.
Mr Mohammad further claimed that at the time of divorce, they had mutually agreed that the custody of the girl will be given to him after two or three years but it did not happen and she was living with her mother till last month.
Mr Mohammad also alleged that his daughter used to call him from Bangalore saying her mother did not treat her well and that she was not allowed to study.
He said his minor daughter has reasons to fear that she might be forcibly married at an early age.
He said that soon after he brought his daughter to Delhi from Bangalore, he began receiving threats of dire consequences from his former wife.
A vacation bench of Justice V K Jain ordered the city police chief to give security to the man and his 14-year-old daughter and also asked the police to file a status report in the matter by July 23.
The bench also issued notice to the ex-wife and her father to respond to the man's plea, which alleged that his former spouse was threatening them since last month when he had brought his daughter back to his custody.
Delhi resident Syed Mohammed, in his petition, said he had got married to the woman in 1997 and had a daughter in 1998.
He said just after the birth of their daughter, the couple had separated by a decree of divorce.
Mr Mohammad further claimed that at the time of divorce, they had mutually agreed that the custody of the girl will be given to him after two or three years but it did not happen and she was living with her mother till last month.
Mr Mohammad also alleged that his daughter used to call him from Bangalore saying her mother did not treat her well and that she was not allowed to study.
He said his minor daughter has reasons to fear that she might be forcibly married at an early age.
He said that soon after he brought his daughter to Delhi from Bangalore, he began receiving threats of dire consequences from his former wife.
Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world