Advertisement
This Article is From Feb 08, 2021

Criminal Prosecution Plea Against Narcotics Control Bureau Chief Withdrawn

The petitioner told a bench of Justices L Nageswara Rao and Ravindra Bhat that he will approach the Punjab and Haryana High Court to pursue the remedy.

Criminal Prosecution Plea Against Narcotics Control Bureau Chief Withdrawn
Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) chief Rakesh Asthana at a press conference.
New Delhi:

A Chandigarh-based dentist Monday withdrew his plea from the Supreme Court seeking directions to investigate and launch criminal prosecution against Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) chief Rakesh Asthana on the basis of his allegations.

The petitioner told a bench of Justices L Nageswara Rao and Ravindra Bhat that he will approach the Punjab and Haryana High Court to pursue the remedy.

The plea by Mohit Dhawan contended that he had filed a complaint against Rakesh Asthana, who also heads the BSF, before the CBI Director in 2019 but there has been no action or adjudication so far.

Mohit Dhawan levelled allegations of extortion, harassment, and fabrication of documents by police.

The petition, filed through advocate Sushil Tekriwal, also sought directions for providing adequate security to the petitioner in view of grave threats.

The plea in the top court alleged that Central Vigilance Commission and the CBI are sitting over the complaint for more than 16 months and not updating the petitioner on the status of the action taken and hence criminal prosecution be initiated against all such erring persons. 

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world

Follow us: