Srinagar:
After call for protests outside Army camps on September 21, hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani has withdrawn the protest. Instead, he has asked people to send emails to the Army.
The Hurriyat leader called the all-party delegation to Jammu and Kashmir an 'eye wash', and has refused to meet them.
Geelani had earlier announced a new protest calendar that included a plan to protest outside Army camps on September 21.
Meanwhile, there is complete curfew in Srinagar despite a call by the separatists for an 'open day', that is asking people to come out to the streets and conduct business as usual. Many see this as a point scored by the security forces.
The Army on Thursday had appealed to the people of Jammu and Kashmir to maintain calm and avoid confronting army garrisons at the instance of Hurriyat leaders.
In its public appeal, the Army said that it has always been a "People's Army," but that the Hurriyat is trying to create a wedge between the Army and the people. It appealed to Kashmiris to avoid falling into the "trap" of Hurriyat leaders.
Meanwhile the unrest continues in Kashmir. Three people were killed in violence that erupted on Saturday. (Read: 3 killed, 12 injured in fresh clashes)
One person was killed and 12 others were injured in firing in south Kashmir town of Anantnag. The violence erupted during the funeral procession of a student. In another firing incident, two people were killed in north Kashmir's Pattan. Police say the crowd tried to block Srinagar-Baramulla highway and resorted to stone pelting.
With these three deaths, the number of people killed in the Valley unrest has gone up to 100 in the last three months.
The Hurriyat leader called the all-party delegation to Jammu and Kashmir an 'eye wash', and has refused to meet them.
Geelani had earlier announced a new protest calendar that included a plan to protest outside Army camps on September 21.
Meanwhile, there is complete curfew in Srinagar despite a call by the separatists for an 'open day', that is asking people to come out to the streets and conduct business as usual. Many see this as a point scored by the security forces.
The Army on Thursday had appealed to the people of Jammu and Kashmir to maintain calm and avoid confronting army garrisons at the instance of Hurriyat leaders.
In its public appeal, the Army said that it has always been a "People's Army," but that the Hurriyat is trying to create a wedge between the Army and the people. It appealed to Kashmiris to avoid falling into the "trap" of Hurriyat leaders.
Meanwhile the unrest continues in Kashmir. Three people were killed in violence that erupted on Saturday. (Read: 3 killed, 12 injured in fresh clashes)
One person was killed and 12 others were injured in firing in south Kashmir town of Anantnag. The violence erupted during the funeral procession of a student. In another firing incident, two people were killed in north Kashmir's Pattan. Police say the crowd tried to block Srinagar-Baramulla highway and resorted to stone pelting.
With these three deaths, the number of people killed in the Valley unrest has gone up to 100 in the last three months.
Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world