Delhi Gangrape Trial
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Danish Woman Rape: Delhi High Court Upholds Life Term Till Death Of Convicts
- Monday April 16, 2018
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi High Court today upheld the sentence of life imprisonment till death given to five convicts for gangraping a 52-year-old Danish woman in Delhi in 2014. The court dismissed the appeal of the convicts challenging their conviction and jail term awarded by a trial court in 2016.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
December 16 Gangrape Convicts Move Court Against Robbery Case Jail Term
- Sunday April 23, 2017
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Three of the four death row convicts in the December 16 gangrape and murder case have moved the Delhi High Court challenging the 10-year jail term awarded to them by a trial court in a robbery case.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
High Court Refuses To Interfere With Ban On Nirbhaya Documentary 'India's Daughter'
- Friday August 5, 2016
- India News | Press Trust of India
Delhi High Court today refused to interfere with the ban on a controversial BBC documentary, 'India's Daughter' on the December 16 gangrape case, saying the issue of its telecast was pending before the trial court which was competent to deal with it.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman's Testimony Nails Accused In Gangrape Case: Delhi Police
- Thursday May 5, 2016
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi Police on Wednesday argued in a court that the testimonies of a 52-year-old Danish woman and an eyewitness clearly nail the accused facing trial for allegedly raping the foreigner in 2014.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman Gang-Rape: Accused Seek Time To Reply On Police's Plea
- Thursday January 21, 2016
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Six persons, facing trial for allegedly gang-raping a 52-year-old Danish woman two years ago, today sought time from a Delhi court to reply to police's plea seeking to place on record medical and potency test report of a 55-year-old accused.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman Gangrape: Accused Claim Innocence In Court
- Friday December 11, 2015
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Two of the accused, who are facing trial for alleged gangrape of a 52-year-old Danish woman in Delhi last year, today claimed innocence in a Delhi court saying the police has falsely implicated them in the case.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Trying Juveniles as Adults: The Debate Rages On
- Sunday August 10, 2014
- India News | Ketki Angre
A day after the cabinet cleared amendments to the Juvenile Justice Act, the parents of the woman who died after being gangraped in a bus in Delhi in 2012, demanded fresh trial for the juvenile involved in the crime.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: High Court issues production warrant to death row convicts
- Monday September 23, 2013
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi High Court today issued production warrants to the four death row convicts in the December 16 gangrape case on the trial court's reference for confirmation of the capital punishment given to them.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: judge praises Delhi Police, earlier flayed for lapses
- Tuesday September 10, 2013
- India News | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
While convicting four men for the December 16 gang-rape case that forced a national uproar demanding better safety for women, the judge who handled the trial said the investigation was buoyed by exceptional initiative by the Delhi Police.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Supreme Court turns down plea to reduce juvenile age from 18 to 16 years
- Wednesday July 17, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
The Supreme Court has refused to reduce the age for being considered juvenile to 16 years and has said that even those accused of heinous crimes, but below 18 years of age, will continue to be tried by a juvenile board under the Juvenile Justice Act, and not by a regular trial court.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gangrape accused to also face dacoity trial
- Tuesday July 16, 2013
- Delhi News | Indo-Asian News Service
A Delhi court on Monday framed charges of kidnapping and dacoity against four accused being tried in another court for the December 16, 2012 gangrape and brutalisation of a woman in a moving bus.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Court lifts ban on media coverage of Delhi gang-rape trial
- Friday March 22, 2013
- India News | Edited by Ashish Mukherjee
The Delhi High Court has ruled that reporters from newspapers will be allowed to attend and report on the trial of four men accused of raping and murdering a medical student on a moving bus in Delhi in December.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape case: four other accused write to Home Minister, demand more security
- Tuesday March 12, 2013
- India News | Reported by Tanima Biswas, edited by Samira Shaikh
After Ram Singh, one of the men accused of brutally gang-raping a medical student in Delhi was found hanging in his Tihar Jail cell yesterday, four other men facing trial in the case and lodged at Tihar have written to the Home Minister and Delhi's police chief asking for more security.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: other suspects say shoot us, but don't send us to Tihar
- Monday March 11, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
After Ram Singh, one of the five suspects arrested for allegedly raping and murdering a medical student in Delhi, was found hanging in his cell this morning, the others appealed to the judge handling their trial to move them to a different prison.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape case: Singapore hospital doctors to depose before fast-track court from today
- Monday February 25, 2013
- India News | Edited by Ashish Mukherjee
Three doctors of Singapore's Mount Elizabeth Hospital where a medical student gangraped in Delhi died of her injuries will, beginning Monday, depose before a special fast-track court hearing the case.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman Rape: Delhi High Court Upholds Life Term Till Death Of Convicts
- Monday April 16, 2018
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi High Court today upheld the sentence of life imprisonment till death given to five convicts for gangraping a 52-year-old Danish woman in Delhi in 2014. The court dismissed the appeal of the convicts challenging their conviction and jail term awarded by a trial court in 2016.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
December 16 Gangrape Convicts Move Court Against Robbery Case Jail Term
- Sunday April 23, 2017
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Three of the four death row convicts in the December 16 gangrape and murder case have moved the Delhi High Court challenging the 10-year jail term awarded to them by a trial court in a robbery case.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
High Court Refuses To Interfere With Ban On Nirbhaya Documentary 'India's Daughter'
- Friday August 5, 2016
- India News | Press Trust of India
Delhi High Court today refused to interfere with the ban on a controversial BBC documentary, 'India's Daughter' on the December 16 gangrape case, saying the issue of its telecast was pending before the trial court which was competent to deal with it.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman's Testimony Nails Accused In Gangrape Case: Delhi Police
- Thursday May 5, 2016
- India News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi Police on Wednesday argued in a court that the testimonies of a 52-year-old Danish woman and an eyewitness clearly nail the accused facing trial for allegedly raping the foreigner in 2014.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman Gang-Rape: Accused Seek Time To Reply On Police's Plea
- Thursday January 21, 2016
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Six persons, facing trial for allegedly gang-raping a 52-year-old Danish woman two years ago, today sought time from a Delhi court to reply to police's plea seeking to place on record medical and potency test report of a 55-year-old accused.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Danish Woman Gangrape: Accused Claim Innocence In Court
- Friday December 11, 2015
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
Two of the accused, who are facing trial for alleged gangrape of a 52-year-old Danish woman in Delhi last year, today claimed innocence in a Delhi court saying the police has falsely implicated them in the case.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Trying Juveniles as Adults: The Debate Rages On
- Sunday August 10, 2014
- India News | Ketki Angre
A day after the cabinet cleared amendments to the Juvenile Justice Act, the parents of the woman who died after being gangraped in a bus in Delhi in 2012, demanded fresh trial for the juvenile involved in the crime.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: High Court issues production warrant to death row convicts
- Monday September 23, 2013
- Delhi News | Press Trust of India
The Delhi High Court today issued production warrants to the four death row convicts in the December 16 gangrape case on the trial court's reference for confirmation of the capital punishment given to them.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: judge praises Delhi Police, earlier flayed for lapses
- Tuesday September 10, 2013
- India News | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
While convicting four men for the December 16 gang-rape case that forced a national uproar demanding better safety for women, the judge who handled the trial said the investigation was buoyed by exceptional initiative by the Delhi Police.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Supreme Court turns down plea to reduce juvenile age from 18 to 16 years
- Wednesday July 17, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
The Supreme Court has refused to reduce the age for being considered juvenile to 16 years and has said that even those accused of heinous crimes, but below 18 years of age, will continue to be tried by a juvenile board under the Juvenile Justice Act, and not by a regular trial court.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gangrape accused to also face dacoity trial
- Tuesday July 16, 2013
- Delhi News | Indo-Asian News Service
A Delhi court on Monday framed charges of kidnapping and dacoity against four accused being tried in another court for the December 16, 2012 gangrape and brutalisation of a woman in a moving bus.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Court lifts ban on media coverage of Delhi gang-rape trial
- Friday March 22, 2013
- India News | Edited by Ashish Mukherjee
The Delhi High Court has ruled that reporters from newspapers will be allowed to attend and report on the trial of four men accused of raping and murdering a medical student on a moving bus in Delhi in December.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape case: four other accused write to Home Minister, demand more security
- Tuesday March 12, 2013
- India News | Reported by Tanima Biswas, edited by Samira Shaikh
After Ram Singh, one of the men accused of brutally gang-raping a medical student in Delhi was found hanging in his Tihar Jail cell yesterday, four other men facing trial in the case and lodged at Tihar have written to the Home Minister and Delhi's police chief asking for more security.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape: other suspects say shoot us, but don't send us to Tihar
- Monday March 11, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
After Ram Singh, one of the five suspects arrested for allegedly raping and murdering a medical student in Delhi, was found hanging in his cell this morning, the others appealed to the judge handling their trial to move them to a different prison.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Delhi gang-rape case: Singapore hospital doctors to depose before fast-track court from today
- Monday February 25, 2013
- India News | Edited by Ashish Mukherjee
Three doctors of Singapore's Mount Elizabeth Hospital where a medical student gangraped in Delhi died of her injuries will, beginning Monday, depose before a special fast-track court hearing the case.
-
www.ndtv.com