Mobiles Uk
- All
- News
- Videos
-
CMF by Nothing Hints at New Products With Pokemon Teasers; CMF Phone 2 Could Launch Soon
- Friday March 28, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing or its sub-brand CMF may bring a new smartphone to the Indian market soon. The UK brand has posted teasers on social media, indicating the arrival of new products. Through its India X handle, Nothing has shared a Pokemon teaser featuring Bulbasaur. Although the company has not confirmed the moniker yet, it is largely being speculated that t...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Phone 3a Community Edition Project Announced; Phone Said to Launch Later This Year
- Wednesday March 26, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing has announced the second edition of its Community Edition Project. The UK brand will conduct the project in four stages, and participants can submit their ideas starting today. Nothing will take ideas about hardware design, accessory design, wallpaper design, and marketing campaign from the Nothing community to launch a special version of N...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK's CMA Raises Concerns About Apple and Google's Mobile Browsers
- Thursday March 13, 2025
- Reuters
A final report by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) independent inquiry group said the mobile browser market, dominated by Apple and Google, was not working well for consumers and businesses. Following provisional findings published in November, the CMA opened an investigation under its new powers in January.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Student Visas Will Not Be Part Of Free Trade Pact Talks With India: UK
- Tuesday March 11, 2025
- World News | Press Trust of India
Only temporary business mobility visas fall within the purview of the ongoing India-UK Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations and other categories, including student visas, will not form part of the pact, the UK government has informed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Apple Appeals to Overturn UK Order to Remove Advanced Data Protection: Report
- Wednesday March 5, 2025
- Reuters
Apple has appealed a British government order to create a "back door" in its most secure cloud storage systems. FT said Apple appealed against the order last month around the same time as it withdrew ADP from the UK, rather than comply with the technical capability notice it received from the Investigatory Powers Tribunal in January.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Pulls Advanced Data Protection Feature in UK Amid Government Demands
- Monday February 24, 2025
- Reuters
Apple is scrapping its most advanced security encryption feature for cloud data in Britain. The move means iCloud backups in Britain will no longer have that level of encryption, allowing Apple to access in certain cases user data that it otherwise could not, such as copies of iMessages, and hand it over to authorities if legally compelled. With en...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Removes Advanced Data Protection for iCloud Encryption Feature From UK After Backdoor Order
- Saturday February 22, 2025
- Mark Gurman, Bloomberg News
Apple is discontinuing its most advanced encrypted security feature, Advanced Data Protection, for new users in the UK. This follows a government order to create a backdoor for user data access. This optional feature provides end-to-end encryption for a range of user data, including iCloud storage, device backups, web bookmarks, voice memos, notes,...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK Reportedly Orders Apple to Give it Access to Users' Encrypted Accounts
- Friday February 7, 2025
- Reuters
UK authorities have asked Apple to let them retrieve all the content any Apple user worldwide has uploaded to the cloud. UK's office of the Home Secretary has ordered it to provide the access.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Samsung Galaxy A56 5G India, UK Support Pages Go Official Ahead of Launch
- Tuesday February 4, 2025
- Written by Shaurya Tomer, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Samsung Galaxy A56 5G is said to be in development as a successor to the Galaxy A55 which debuted in March. Now, official support pages of the purported smartphone for several regions have been made live by the company which hints towards its launch being imminent. While they do not mention any device specifications or even the moniker, the listed ...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Phone 3a Tipped to Get Snapdragon 7s Gen 3 SoC, 6.8-Inch Display, More
- Wednesday January 29, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing has scheduled a product launch in March's first week and the UK brand is expected to unveil new smartphones during the event. While the company hasn't revealed the marketing name of the devices, a new leak suggests the specifications of the purported Phone 3a. The upcoming handset is tipped to come with a Snapdragon 7s Gen 3 chipset.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Said to Raise Funding, Crosses $1 Billion in Lifetime Sales
- Thursday January 16, 2025
- Mark Gurman and Mark Bergen, Bloomberg News
Nothing is seeking to raise at least $100 million in funding to expand its operations, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The startup is run by Carl Pei, one of the creators of OnePlus, a popular China-based phone maker.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Fights $1.8 Billion App Store Lawsuit in First of UK Class Actions Against Tech Giants
- Tuesday January 14, 2025
- Reuters
Apple is facing a mass lawsuit brought on behalf of around 20 million iPhone and iPad users in the United Kingdom, who were allegedly overcharged for app purchases. Apple, however, says the case is meritless and overlooks the benefits to consumers of the integrated approach of its iOS operating system, which prioritises security and privacy.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Faces Claims of Making ‘Exorbitant Profits’ at UK Trial
- Monday January 13, 2025
- Eleanor Thornber and Upmanyu Trivedi, Bloomberg News
Apple Inc. will defend allegations that it made “exorbitant profits” by using its App Store in the UK. Users have not suffered any loss as Apple’s conduct is lawful and its commissions are reasonable and fair, Apple’s lawyers will argue during the seven week trial.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK Transport Secretary Louise Haigh Resigns Over 2013 Mobile Phone Theft Case
- Friday November 29, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Louise Haigh resigned as Britain's transport secretary on Friday after revelations that she pleaded guilty to a criminal offence before becoming a member of parliament.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Apple Faces UK Class Action Over Data Storage Allegations
- Friday November 15, 2024
- Eleanor Thomber, Bloomberg News
Apple is accused of abusing its market dominance by making it difficult for consumers to use alternative means of storing photos, videos and other data beyond that of its own service, according to lawyers at Willkie Farr & Gallagher, who filed the suit London’s Competition Appeal Tribunal on behalf of Which? Ltd.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
CMF by Nothing Hints at New Products With Pokemon Teasers; CMF Phone 2 Could Launch Soon
- Friday March 28, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing or its sub-brand CMF may bring a new smartphone to the Indian market soon. The UK brand has posted teasers on social media, indicating the arrival of new products. Through its India X handle, Nothing has shared a Pokemon teaser featuring Bulbasaur. Although the company has not confirmed the moniker yet, it is largely being speculated that t...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Phone 3a Community Edition Project Announced; Phone Said to Launch Later This Year
- Wednesday March 26, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing has announced the second edition of its Community Edition Project. The UK brand will conduct the project in four stages, and participants can submit their ideas starting today. Nothing will take ideas about hardware design, accessory design, wallpaper design, and marketing campaign from the Nothing community to launch a special version of N...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK's CMA Raises Concerns About Apple and Google's Mobile Browsers
- Thursday March 13, 2025
- Reuters
A final report by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) independent inquiry group said the mobile browser market, dominated by Apple and Google, was not working well for consumers and businesses. Following provisional findings published in November, the CMA opened an investigation under its new powers in January.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Student Visas Will Not Be Part Of Free Trade Pact Talks With India: UK
- Tuesday March 11, 2025
- World News | Press Trust of India
Only temporary business mobility visas fall within the purview of the ongoing India-UK Free Trade Agreement (FTA) negotiations and other categories, including student visas, will not form part of the pact, the UK government has informed.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Apple Appeals to Overturn UK Order to Remove Advanced Data Protection: Report
- Wednesday March 5, 2025
- Reuters
Apple has appealed a British government order to create a "back door" in its most secure cloud storage systems. FT said Apple appealed against the order last month around the same time as it withdrew ADP from the UK, rather than comply with the technical capability notice it received from the Investigatory Powers Tribunal in January.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Pulls Advanced Data Protection Feature in UK Amid Government Demands
- Monday February 24, 2025
- Reuters
Apple is scrapping its most advanced security encryption feature for cloud data in Britain. The move means iCloud backups in Britain will no longer have that level of encryption, allowing Apple to access in certain cases user data that it otherwise could not, such as copies of iMessages, and hand it over to authorities if legally compelled. With en...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Removes Advanced Data Protection for iCloud Encryption Feature From UK After Backdoor Order
- Saturday February 22, 2025
- Mark Gurman, Bloomberg News
Apple is discontinuing its most advanced encrypted security feature, Advanced Data Protection, for new users in the UK. This follows a government order to create a backdoor for user data access. This optional feature provides end-to-end encryption for a range of user data, including iCloud storage, device backups, web bookmarks, voice memos, notes,...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK Reportedly Orders Apple to Give it Access to Users' Encrypted Accounts
- Friday February 7, 2025
- Reuters
UK authorities have asked Apple to let them retrieve all the content any Apple user worldwide has uploaded to the cloud. UK's office of the Home Secretary has ordered it to provide the access.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Samsung Galaxy A56 5G India, UK Support Pages Go Official Ahead of Launch
- Tuesday February 4, 2025
- Written by Shaurya Tomer, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Samsung Galaxy A56 5G is said to be in development as a successor to the Galaxy A55 which debuted in March. Now, official support pages of the purported smartphone for several regions have been made live by the company which hints towards its launch being imminent. While they do not mention any device specifications or even the moniker, the listed ...
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Phone 3a Tipped to Get Snapdragon 7s Gen 3 SoC, 6.8-Inch Display, More
- Wednesday January 29, 2025
- Written by Nithya P Nair, Edited by Siddharth Suvarna
Nothing has scheduled a product launch in March's first week and the UK brand is expected to unveil new smartphones during the event. While the company hasn't revealed the marketing name of the devices, a new leak suggests the specifications of the purported Phone 3a. The upcoming handset is tipped to come with a Snapdragon 7s Gen 3 chipset.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Nothing Said to Raise Funding, Crosses $1 Billion in Lifetime Sales
- Thursday January 16, 2025
- Mark Gurman and Mark Bergen, Bloomberg News
Nothing is seeking to raise at least $100 million in funding to expand its operations, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The startup is run by Carl Pei, one of the creators of OnePlus, a popular China-based phone maker.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Fights $1.8 Billion App Store Lawsuit in First of UK Class Actions Against Tech Giants
- Tuesday January 14, 2025
- Reuters
Apple is facing a mass lawsuit brought on behalf of around 20 million iPhone and iPad users in the United Kingdom, who were allegedly overcharged for app purchases. Apple, however, says the case is meritless and overlooks the benefits to consumers of the integrated approach of its iOS operating system, which prioritises security and privacy.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
Apple Faces Claims of Making ‘Exorbitant Profits’ at UK Trial
- Monday January 13, 2025
- Eleanor Thornber and Upmanyu Trivedi, Bloomberg News
Apple Inc. will defend allegations that it made “exorbitant profits” by using its App Store in the UK. Users have not suffered any loss as Apple’s conduct is lawful and its commissions are reasonable and fair, Apple’s lawyers will argue during the seven week trial.
-
www.gadgets360.com
-
UK Transport Secretary Louise Haigh Resigns Over 2013 Mobile Phone Theft Case
- Friday November 29, 2024
- World News | Agence France-Presse
Louise Haigh resigned as Britain's transport secretary on Friday after revelations that she pleaded guilty to a criminal offence before becoming a member of parliament.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Apple Faces UK Class Action Over Data Storage Allegations
- Friday November 15, 2024
- Eleanor Thomber, Bloomberg News
Apple is accused of abusing its market dominance by making it difficult for consumers to use alternative means of storing photos, videos and other data beyond that of its own service, according to lawyers at Willkie Farr & Gallagher, who filed the suit London’s Competition Appeal Tribunal on behalf of Which? Ltd.
-
www.gadgets360.com