Naxal Massacre
- All
- News
- Videos
-
Strategic CRPF Command Shifted To Chhattisgarh After Sukma Attack
- Monday May 8, 2017
- India News | Press Trust of India
The strategic anti-Naxal operations command headquarters of the CRPF has been shifted from Kolkata to Chhattisgarh by the Centre in the wake of 37 men of the paramilitary being massacred by Naxals in a span of less than two months.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
'Maoists Fired From Everywhere, Couldn't See Them': CRPF Jawan To NDTV
- Wednesday April 26, 2017
- India News | Reported by Vishnu Som, Edited by Raija Susan Panicker
A CRPF jawan who survived the Maoist massacre yesterday in Chhattisgarh's Sukma said there was sudden firing "from all sides" and soldiers barely had time to shield civilian workers from the line of fire.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sukma Naxal Attack: 25 CRPF Men Killed By Maoists In Chhattisgarh
- Tuesday April 25, 2017
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Anindita Sanyal
In the deadliest Maoist ambush in years, 25 men of the Central Reserve Police Force or CRPF died on Monday afternoon in Chhattisgarh's Sukma area. Six people were injured.The well-planned massacre was carried out by nearly 300 Maoists, a survivor said. At the time, the 99-member CRPF team was carrying out a sanitization exercise for an under-constr...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kolkata's Special Task Force Arrests Two Prominent Maoists Leaders In Bengal
- Saturday April 2, 2016
- India News | Written by Saurabh Gupta
The Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police has arrested two dreaded Maoists who were close to Kishenji, the Naxal leader from Andhra Pradesh, who ruled the roost in at least three districts of West Bengal for more than two years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Maoist Mastermind Behind 2013 Bastar Massacre of Congress Leaders Killed
- Sunday September 20, 2015
- India News | Press Trust of India
The chief architect of the 2013 Maoists massacre of nearly 30 senior Congress leaders, including former Union Minister VC Shukla in 2013, was killed in an encounter in Odisha's Malkangiri district today.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Centre likely to present re-worked anti-Maoist strategy at Chief Ministers' meet
- Wednesday May 29, 2013
- India News | Written by Nitin Gokhale
The brutal massacre in Chhattisgarh last week has prompted an internal exercise by the Home Ministry that is now seeking to tweak the Centre's policy to tackle the Maoist menace. Two senior Congress leaders were among the 24 killed in an ambush by the Maoists on Saturday last.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Maoists are terrorists: Jairam Ramesh tells NDTV
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- India News | Nidhi Razdan
After the brutal massacre of Congress leaders by the Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has said that Maoists are terrorists as they instill terror and fear in people.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Katakam Sudarshan, the Naxal leader allegedly behind the Chhattisgarh massacre
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- People | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
Katakam Sudarshan, a 55-year-old top leader of the outlawed CPI (Maoists) is suspected to have planned and executed the ambush of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh this weekend.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: In 4-page note, Maoists state why they targeted Congress leaders
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- India News | Edited by Surabhi Malik
Three days after the gruesome massacre of 24 people in a Congress convoy, Maoists in Chhattisgarh have sent a four-page note and an audio clipping to the media, claiming responsibility for the attack. The note in Telugu says Congress leaders Mahendra Karma, Nand Kumar Patel and V C Shukla, were their main targets and regrets that some "innocents" t...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Katakam Sudershan, the Naxal leader allegedly behind the massacre
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- Cheat Sheet | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
Home Ministry sources have told NDTV that the Maoists may specifically have targeted the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh as it was a 'soft target'. According to top Home Ministry sources, Maoists had suffered several setbacks in the past few months and wanted to retaliate. They appointed central committee member Katakam Sudershan, who t...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: There were security lapses, Raman Singh tells NDTV
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
Maoists behind the bloody massacre on Saturday in Chhattisgarh may have targeted the convoy of Congress leaders due to it being a soft target, Home Ministry sources have told NDTV.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Poor security, Maoists had free run, reveals review
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Sudhi Ranjan Sen
The lack of a comprehensive security plan and a neglect of safety procedures allowed a group of well-armed Maoists to massacre 24 people, including top Congress leaders, in Chhattisgarh on Saturday evening, a preliminary government review reveals.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Complete lack of security preparation for rally, reveals review
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
Lack of a comprehensive security plan led to the massacre in Chhattisgarh which left 25 people, including top Congress leaders of the state, dead, revealed sources after a review by officials from the Union Home Ministry.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
How alleged Naxals executed the massive ambush on the Congress convoy
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Nitin Gokhale, Sudhi Ranjan Sen
From the remote regions of Chhattisgarh, where 30 people in a Congress convoy were massacred by suspected Maoists yesterday, details are now emerging of a precision strike, meticulously planned and implemented with deadly accuracy.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Did lapses in procedure cause Chhattisgarh massacre? CRPF begins probe
- Wednesday June 30, 2010
- India News | NDTV Correspondent
A day after Maoists used automatic weapons and grenades to massacre 26 CRPF jawans in Chhattisgarh, top officials are probing whether there was any advance information about the presence of Maoists in the area and if so, was the information shared. (Read: Maoists attack CRPF party, 26 jawans killed)A probe is also on to ascertain whether the ...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Strategic CRPF Command Shifted To Chhattisgarh After Sukma Attack
- Monday May 8, 2017
- India News | Press Trust of India
The strategic anti-Naxal operations command headquarters of the CRPF has been shifted from Kolkata to Chhattisgarh by the Centre in the wake of 37 men of the paramilitary being massacred by Naxals in a span of less than two months.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
'Maoists Fired From Everywhere, Couldn't See Them': CRPF Jawan To NDTV
- Wednesday April 26, 2017
- India News | Reported by Vishnu Som, Edited by Raija Susan Panicker
A CRPF jawan who survived the Maoist massacre yesterday in Chhattisgarh's Sukma said there was sudden firing "from all sides" and soldiers barely had time to shield civilian workers from the line of fire.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Sukma Naxal Attack: 25 CRPF Men Killed By Maoists In Chhattisgarh
- Tuesday April 25, 2017
- India News | Reported by Sunil Prabhu, Edited by Anindita Sanyal
In the deadliest Maoist ambush in years, 25 men of the Central Reserve Police Force or CRPF died on Monday afternoon in Chhattisgarh's Sukma area. Six people were injured.The well-planned massacre was carried out by nearly 300 Maoists, a survivor said. At the time, the 99-member CRPF team was carrying out a sanitization exercise for an under-constr...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Kolkata's Special Task Force Arrests Two Prominent Maoists Leaders In Bengal
- Saturday April 2, 2016
- India News | Written by Saurabh Gupta
The Special Task Force of the Kolkata Police has arrested two dreaded Maoists who were close to Kishenji, the Naxal leader from Andhra Pradesh, who ruled the roost in at least three districts of West Bengal for more than two years.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Maoist Mastermind Behind 2013 Bastar Massacre of Congress Leaders Killed
- Sunday September 20, 2015
- India News | Press Trust of India
The chief architect of the 2013 Maoists massacre of nearly 30 senior Congress leaders, including former Union Minister VC Shukla in 2013, was killed in an encounter in Odisha's Malkangiri district today.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Centre likely to present re-worked anti-Maoist strategy at Chief Ministers' meet
- Wednesday May 29, 2013
- India News | Written by Nitin Gokhale
The brutal massacre in Chhattisgarh last week has prompted an internal exercise by the Home Ministry that is now seeking to tweak the Centre's policy to tackle the Maoist menace. Two senior Congress leaders were among the 24 killed in an ambush by the Maoists on Saturday last.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Maoists are terrorists: Jairam Ramesh tells NDTV
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- India News | Nidhi Razdan
After the brutal massacre of Congress leaders by the Naxals in Chhattisgarh, Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh has said that Maoists are terrorists as they instill terror and fear in people.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Katakam Sudarshan, the Naxal leader allegedly behind the Chhattisgarh massacre
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- People | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
Katakam Sudarshan, a 55-year-old top leader of the outlawed CPI (Maoists) is suspected to have planned and executed the ambush of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh this weekend.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: In 4-page note, Maoists state why they targeted Congress leaders
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- India News | Edited by Surabhi Malik
Three days after the gruesome massacre of 24 people in a Congress convoy, Maoists in Chhattisgarh have sent a four-page note and an audio clipping to the media, claiming responsibility for the attack. The note in Telugu says Congress leaders Mahendra Karma, Nand Kumar Patel and V C Shukla, were their main targets and regrets that some "innocents" t...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Katakam Sudershan, the Naxal leader allegedly behind the massacre
- Tuesday May 28, 2013
- Cheat Sheet | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
Home Ministry sources have told NDTV that the Maoists may specifically have targeted the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh as it was a 'soft target'. According to top Home Ministry sources, Maoists had suffered several setbacks in the past few months and wanted to retaliate. They appointed central committee member Katakam Sudershan, who t...
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: There were security lapses, Raman Singh tells NDTV
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Edited by Mala Das
Maoists behind the bloody massacre on Saturday in Chhattisgarh may have targeted the convoy of Congress leaders due to it being a soft target, Home Ministry sources have told NDTV.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh Naxal attack: Poor security, Maoists had free run, reveals review
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Sudhi Ranjan Sen
The lack of a comprehensive security plan and a neglect of safety procedures allowed a group of well-armed Maoists to massacre 24 people, including top Congress leaders, in Chhattisgarh on Saturday evening, a preliminary government review reveals.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Chhattisgarh attack: Complete lack of security preparation for rally, reveals review
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Edited by Shamik Ghosh
Lack of a comprehensive security plan led to the massacre in Chhattisgarh which left 25 people, including top Congress leaders of the state, dead, revealed sources after a review by officials from the Union Home Ministry.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
How alleged Naxals executed the massive ambush on the Congress convoy
- Monday May 27, 2013
- India News | Nitin Gokhale, Sudhi Ranjan Sen
From the remote regions of Chhattisgarh, where 30 people in a Congress convoy were massacred by suspected Maoists yesterday, details are now emerging of a precision strike, meticulously planned and implemented with deadly accuracy.
-
www.ndtv.com
-
Did lapses in procedure cause Chhattisgarh massacre? CRPF begins probe
- Wednesday June 30, 2010
- India News | NDTV Correspondent
A day after Maoists used automatic weapons and grenades to massacre 26 CRPF jawans in Chhattisgarh, top officials are probing whether there was any advance information about the presence of Maoists in the area and if so, was the information shared. (Read: Maoists attack CRPF party, 26 jawans killed)A probe is also on to ascertain whether the ...
-
www.ndtv.com