Advertisement
This Article is From Jul 23, 2014

MH17 Shootdown May Have Been 'Mistake': US Intel Official

MH17 Shootdown May Have Been 'Mistake': US Intel Official
Wreckage at the crash site of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17.
Washington: Malaysian flight MH17 may have been shot down by "mistake" by ill-trained pro-Russian separatists, US intelligence officials said Tuesday, while dismissing Moscow's accounts of the incident.

Evidence gathered so far suggested the separatists launched the SA-11 surface-to-air missile that blew up the Malaysian airliner but it was still unclear "who pulled the trigger," said a senior intelligence official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world

Follow us: