
Beijing:
A massive clean up operation continued on Monday across southern China after severe rain storms, and subsequent flooding and landslides caused chaos for many communities.
Meanwhile authorities warned that more heavy rain was expected.
Residents just outside Nanchong city said the flooding severely damaged buildings and affected local businesses.
57-year-old Han Guihua runs a noodle making factory, and she said the floods stopped noodle production.
"It definitely affected us because the water submerged the whole area, we couldn't make noodles," she said.
More rain and flooding was expected. The flooding also affected farmland in the area.
Chinese state television broadcast video of the aftermath of a landslide on a highway in Guangyang, Sichuan Province.
Boulders and large rocks fell on to the roadside, giving one driver a lucky escape. Jiang Qidi was driving his car when the rocks began to fall, and his car was severely damaged.
"I was driving my car from Mianyang and as I arrived here, I saw a rock falling down, and then suddenly I heard a terrible noise, and another boulder hit my car, and I was stunned," he said.
Meanwhile, residents evacuated in Tongjiang, Sichuan Province were allowed to return home, CCTV reported. They had been evacuated due to the heavy rain last week.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has ordered officials to prepare for "more serious floods and disasters."
The National Meteorological Centre warned heavy rains would continue until 2 p.m. (0600GMT) on Monday in the southwest, southeast and northeastern parts of the country.
CCTV broadcast video of more rainfall at Chengdu airport. Flights were delayed and cancelled.
Though China experiences heavy rains every summer, flooding this year is the worst in more than a decade. More than 1,000 people have died or disappeared, the highest death toll since 1998.
Meanwhile authorities warned that more heavy rain was expected.
Residents just outside Nanchong city said the flooding severely damaged buildings and affected local businesses.
57-year-old Han Guihua runs a noodle making factory, and she said the floods stopped noodle production.
"It definitely affected us because the water submerged the whole area, we couldn't make noodles," she said.
More rain and flooding was expected. The flooding also affected farmland in the area.
Chinese state television broadcast video of the aftermath of a landslide on a highway in Guangyang, Sichuan Province.
Boulders and large rocks fell on to the roadside, giving one driver a lucky escape. Jiang Qidi was driving his car when the rocks began to fall, and his car was severely damaged.
"I was driving my car from Mianyang and as I arrived here, I saw a rock falling down, and then suddenly I heard a terrible noise, and another boulder hit my car, and I was stunned," he said.
Meanwhile, residents evacuated in Tongjiang, Sichuan Province were allowed to return home, CCTV reported. They had been evacuated due to the heavy rain last week.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao has ordered officials to prepare for "more serious floods and disasters."
The National Meteorological Centre warned heavy rains would continue until 2 p.m. (0600GMT) on Monday in the southwest, southeast and northeastern parts of the country.
CCTV broadcast video of more rainfall at Chengdu airport. Flights were delayed and cancelled.
Though China experiences heavy rains every summer, flooding this year is the worst in more than a decade. More than 1,000 people have died or disappeared, the highest death toll since 1998.
Track Latest News Live on NDTV.com and get news updates from India and around the world